Suffolk County Failure to Monitor Lawyers
Nassau County Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys
Nursing home patients often suffer from Alzheimer's disease, dementia, and other mental or physical impairments that may place them at high risk of injury if they are not carefully monitored. There are a variety of ways that nursing home patients may be injured when nursing homes do not properly monitor their patients, including:
- Injuries from wandering and elopement
- Injuries from exposure to adverse weather conditions
- Injuries from slip-and-fall accidents
- Injuries from bed sores that should have been prevented or timely treated
If your loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a nursing home, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer at Rappaport, Glass, Levine & Zullo, LLP. We represent clients throughout New York in a wide range of nursing home negligence and abuse claims. Our attorneys are committed to helping nursing home accident victims and their families.
Injuries From Wandering and Elopement
While far less common than bed sore injuries or slip-and-fall accidents, injuries from wandering and elopement do pose a problem at nursing home facilities. Since many nursing home patients suffer from some form of dementia or cognitive impairment, it is not uncommon for patients to suffer injuries when they are exposed to danger from wandering and elopement.
Examples of wandering and elopement injuries include:
- Patients who die from heat exposure or suffer injuries resulting from exposure to cold weather when they wander off of nursing home grounds
- Patients who are struck by a motor vehicle because they venture away from a nursing home facility
- Patients who are assaulted when they wander off of nursing home grounds and are unaware of their surroundings or personal safety
- Patients who wander onto rooftops or high structures and suffer fatal fall injuries
Nursing home patients are often very vulnerable. Nursing home facilities must have adequate policies in place to protect the safety of their patients. If your loved one has suffered a serious or fatal injury due to the negligence of a nursing home, an experienced personal injury attorney at Rappaport, Glass, Levine & Zullo, LLP can help. We have been advocating on behalf of clients in personal injury cases since 1968 and have a strong record of results.
We handle all nursing home negligence claims on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no fees to us unless we recover compensation for you. To schedule a free consultation with one of our Suffolk County failure to monitor attorneys, call 866-639-5567 or contact us by e-mail.